Monday, June 09, 2003

I started a painting class today, and I must admit I am a little overwhelmed. Everyone in the class has some idea what they are doing they have dealt with color theory and mediums before and know whether they are going to use oil or acrylic and then there is one undecided: me. Besides Asher Lev I am lost to the world of art. It is like speaking another language I hear words like Gamsol, Grumbacher, and Aileron crimson and I'm thinking "je ne se pas Francais" Its so overwhelming.

I am the only person under 25 in there also which makes things slightly difficult the woman tends to baby me. Asking me if I personally have any questions, and so on.

I understand now when Yudel Krinsky tells Asher "Oil colors is an entire Torah, Asher. They mix the original color with a certain oil. With water color, they mic the color with water. That is all I know...but this is even beyond Torah already. That is Gemorra and Tosefos." I never understood that until now. If any one would like to see Chaim Potok's view of "The Brooklyn Crucifixtion" Here.

No comments: