Saturday, August 23, 2003

My Eyes are as Big as Quarters and I can't See a Thing.

Often I can't catch up with life. I have always had the feeling I am behind. What I mean by this is when I was twelve I was still way more into playing with Barbies than boys, I didn't get a boyfriend until tenth grade. I was late on the whole thong wearing thing, and normally I am a year behind in fashion. Even my voice tends to follow this pattern I talk like I'm nine. I find myself worrying about this year because what if I'm not ready? What if I am the year behind like normal? My life will go on, but will I catch up? I feel like I am running a losing race and falling behind even more. I'm being lapped by my peers and left behind on, the black surface of my lane, only to finish and find I'm alone on the AstroTurf. I'm running as fast as I can and yet I'm in the dust. Ben Rogers is first, followed by Nick and Connor and Bridget and Liz Roney and Katie Alward. Running ahead to meet life and I am here, breathing hard with tears from my eyes and I'm not sure if its because I'm so tired I can't go on or because I'm so hurt I don't want to. I can't expect any of them to wait for me, that would be asking to much when your ahead of life you don't have time to wait for it. I only wish I could catch up, or have a moment to catch my breath.

No comments: